I listen to a lot of podcasts so you don't have to. Each month I'll share the best episodes.
If you're new to Podcasts, I'd recommend Overcast for the iPhone.
News, business & politics
- Meeting myself coming back – Peter Mandelson. The original (ish) prince of spin gives a great interview about his life in the political spotlight.
- Ryan Air's Michael O'Leary on the splendidly combative Hard Talk. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I ended up quite liking him.
- Also on Hard Talk, riveting interview with former Director of Intelligence for the IRA – Kieran Conway
- From Our Own Correspondent always sounds like it'll be boring and yet is always brilliant. Here's a typically great edition
Tech & geek stuff
- Decrypted, Ars Technica's TV podcast about Westworld. If you are enjoying Westworld (it's great isn't it?) then consider this unofficial companion podcast. Sure, its nerd territory, but it's fantastically refreshing to have smart intelligent commentary from a female host. Fabulously well put-together too.
Arts & misc
- Zeno’s Paradoxes. Classically erudite and chuntering episode of In Our Time, featuring mind-bending puzzlers such as whether arrows can ever actually reach their targets.
- The ever-quotable, contrary and yet perfectly sensible Grayson Perry interviewed on the Today programme.
- A perspective-changing, unexpectedly brilliant WTF interview with journalist Sam Quinones on the root causes of the US-Mexico drug market.
- This interview by Scroobius Pip of unsettling (and brilliant) Glaswegian comedian Limmy is strictly for the fans, but if you are – it's a must-listen.
- Other-worldly, "lock-stock" feel interview with Ronnie O’Sullivan on growing up in Soho
- Brilliant, candid chat with Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols on Front Row
- Unmissable interview with REM's Michael Stipe by Alec Baldwin
Probably episode of the month
Got any podcast recommendations? Email me.